Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 2008 Summary

Hmmm .. what a month.... just couldnt seem to string several winning sessions together but suffered some huge downswings.

Overall increased my bankroll by $350, but it could easily have been negative for the month if it wasn't for the last few sessions. As Tim points out I also played my first accidental session of NL cash games, where I managed to win one very nice pot.

(Including today where I played for all of 15 minutes, and won one 20BB hand on a $4/8 Bodog table with my Pocket kings holding up 4 ways to the river (capped preflop). Some idiot then decided to slowplay using their entire timer every action, so I quit the table next orbit.

The gain of $350 for the month was made up of:

Bonuses/VIP: $640

William Hill: $50 for 5 hours play bonus
Cake: $60 reload bonus
PSO ultimate bet: $120
New site bonuses (refer next post): $200
Bodog: $10
Party: $200

Rakeback: $170

William Hill: $10
Cake: $40
Bodog: $10
Fulltilt: $110

Poker winnings / (losses): ($460) Ouch - another loss

For August the goals in order of priority are:
  • Play my 5 hours on William Hill for the $50 bonus
  • Clear my last reload of $60 on cake
  • Maybe find a new site to play on and score some new bonuses
  • Would be nice to actually win from play :)

Current bankroll: $11,450

3 comments:

Unknown said...

NoHave you done any of of the ipoker bonuses/kickbacks yet? they might be something to look at.

Titan and Cd poker have pretty fast kickbacks at boogster/ While VC has a great initial bonus and nice monthly reloads.

Unknown said...

Also you really shouldn't look to down on this month, at least you got lucky at mid-stakes NL eh ;).

parttimebonuschaser said...

yeah mate, i've did a few of them when i first signed up, including titan, as well as bigslick a while back.

Will have a look at some of the others though in september.

And yeah, not really too down, as it was still a positive month overall, and given that I dont actually play too much i'm going to have a lot of negative months just through variance. (well assuming i'm actually a winning player and my winning months aren't the variances ....)