Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 goals

Time to start thinking of some goals for the next year. I'm thinking I will put in a similar or maybe slightly lower volume next year, so around the 5,000 hands per month or so.

Overall I think i'm getting things reasonably right at the moment, so I thought i'd split my goals for next year into things that I want make sure that I keep doing and others will be on what I want to achieve.

Maintenance goals: (a continuation of what i'm doing now)
  • Results: Average approx $1k per month total return (inc rakeback). I will be more than happy with a bankroll of $26k by the end of 2009, with half of that offline in some income earning investment. Ideally it would be good to produce this result with fewer hours played at higher stakes
  • Discipline: Only play on loose tables where I have good position on either a fish or maniac
  • Discipline: Play within my bankroll and keep tracking results
  • Bonus chasing: Find at least one other long term site to play on (even if it a site I currently use on an irregular basis)
  • Bonus chasing: Continue to research and take up the best bonus deals to maximise my return
  • Research: Continue to check 2p2 and other forums a minimum of weekly for bonuses or specific site news and play advice
  • Research: check out other's blogs
  • Motivation: Maintain motivation through occasionally mixing it up with freerolls and double up sitngos.
  • Motivation: Do not push myself to play when I don't feel like it.

Specific site reload goals:

  • Play the Bodog monthly reloads until conditions change making them not worthwhile
  • Play the interpoker monthly bonuses until crypto is no longer EV+.
  • Take up the cake reloads whenever offered.
  • Pray for a fulltilt reload bonus .. I mean come on .. once every couple years sux.

New Goals:

  • Tournaments: Finally tabling at least two freerolls (mainly for the practice). Although having this goal probably won't change whether I do or don't enter tourneys. Affiliate tourneys always appear to be good value.
  • Reading: Have a read of the harrington tourney books so that I can at least see the reasoning of why i'm making particular moves and apply it consistently
  • Stakes: Get back into more $3/6 tables and at least take a couple shots at $4/8 on Bodog (and with any luck stay permanently there!)
  • Results: Improve my BB/100 by focussing more on seat selection than I did last year
  • Other: Am I going to get into no limit cash games? Doubt it.
  • Tracking: Get round to converting my PT database to SQL ...

No comments: