Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Down / Up start to July

Got in a half hour session, which started quite badly when I missed 3 flush draws and a straight draw in multiway pots. Couple of them were quite large so it was disappointing to say the least!

Gradually scored it back though, as I had 4 tables open the whole time and had position on a fish on every single table. Was kinda handy as I only had to close one table when it tightened up, but found a replacement almost straight away.

Received another $50 bonus from 24poker. Only $150 to go there, which won't take long. Not sure if I will keep playing there under my VIP deal. I may do so, as its still reasonably soft. Maybe it will be a longer term option for me .... I'm also at least halfway to the next $50 release so the month is at least starting in the black.

I'm now very likely to go on the bodog deal. Looks like I can clear around $500 in bonus cash there in maybe 15 hours play or even less. (assuming the maths I do in my head is accurate ....).

Oh I can also confirm I did get $200 from the Littlewoods rake race which is handy, but I already included that in June's figures.

Anyways a couple of hands for interest:

This one I knew I was in trouble, but I think i'd play it the same way in future ... Medium and small aces can often suck!

** Inarijärvi [Hold 'em] (1.00/2.00 Fixed - $ Cash Game) Real Money
- hatemycards sitting in seat 1 with $111.62
- _Zappa_ sitting in seat 2 with $63.22 [Dealer]
- Hero sitting in seat 3 with $50.00
- vainothebig sitting in seat 4 with $35.81
- simarcel sitting in seat 5 with $52.12
- pseudocode sitting in seat 6 with $51.62
Hero posted the small blind - $0.50
vainothebig posted the big blind - $1.00
** Dealing card to Hero: 9 of d, A of d (not bad ...)
simarcel called - $1.00
pseudocode folded
hatemycards raised - $2.00
_Zappa_ folded
Hero called - $2.00 (hmm limper followed by a raiser. Limper was passive though so as long as he doesn't reraise i'm in okay shape)
vainothebig raised - $3.00 (dammit)
simarcel called - $3.00 (good .. i need some implied odds if I hit)
hatemycards raised - $4.00 (double dammit ... AA-TT? AK?)
Hero called - $4.00 (hmmm not so sure about calling 2 cold here .. but it will be 4 ways)
vainothebig called - $4.00
simarcel called - $4.00
** Dealing the flop: 3 of d, 4 of c, A of h
Hero checked (hmm now in front of KK-TT .. but AA is ugly as well as AK. Also have a backdoor flushdraw which isnt worth too much)
vainothebig bet - $1.00 (as expected)
simarcel folded
hatemycards folded
Hero called - $1.00 (wow 2 folds before me in a big pot (17sbs)... I have top pair / bdfd. Hoping he has KK-TT so I will play it like way ahead/way behind and check/call down ... i wonder if that is the correct thinking?)
** Dealing the turn: 7 of h (blank but now no flush draw for me)
Hero checked
vainothebig bet - $2.00
Hero called - $2.00 (not folding in a $20 pot for $2 with top pair... still hoping he has that big pair)
** Dealing the river: 5 of d (blank .. no way he has the 2 with that preflop betting)
Hero checked
vainothebig bet - $2.00
Hero called - $2.00 (still not folding in a $24 pot for $2 with top pair... still hoping he has that big pair)
vainothebig shows: A of s, K of s (dammit)
Hero mucks: 9 of d, A of d
vainothebig wins $24.70 from the main pot

Inducing a bluff ... I think I win quite a bit like this, but at the same time I probably miss a few value bets.

** Ticket to Ride [Hold 'em] (2.00/4.00 Fixed - $ Cash Game) Real Money
- Ullestad sitting in seat 1 with $660.61 [Dealer]
- plutanium sitting in seat 2 with $124.33
- Hero sitting in seat 3 with $84.20
- Dille82 sitting in seat 5 with $299.65- rorschakh sitting in seat 6 with $18.35
plutanium posted the small blind - $1.00
Hero posted the big blind - $2.00*
* Dealing card to Hero: 10 of c, 4 of d (yuk)
Dille82 folded
rorschakh folded
Ullestad called - $2.00 (hmm open limping? small pair? small suited connector? whatever he's got that's a dumb way to play opening from the button)
plutanium folded
Hero checked
** Dealing the flop: 10 of d, J of d, 3 of d (nice .. mid pair and its heads up)
Hero bet - $2.00 (bet my pair - i dont want him to hit a bigger pair or 2 pair. Would not be unhappy if he folds)
Ullestad called - $2.00 (hmm .. okay .. maybe he has something ... 2 diamonds? no he'd probably raise, maybe 98? he'd probably raise with a J I think)
** Dealing the turn: J of h (okay doesn't really change the hand)
Hero bet - $4.00 (hopefully he folds to this bet)
Ullestad called - $4.00 (dammit!!)
** Dealing the river: 8 of d (hmm flush card has hit ... not really a good sign)
Hero checked (I have a mid strength hand, so dont really want to fold to a raise if i bet out. Maybe he will bluff at the board with the flush card?)
Ullestad bet - $4.00 (wouldn't have minded him checking behind here, but i'm not folding 2nd pair where he has shown no strength in the hand. I'm hoping he actually hit that 8 and has a worse pair ... praying he didnt have Q9)
Hero called - $4.00
Ullestad shows: K of h, Q of s (didnt expect him to have such a strong starting hand given he limped from the button. Too bad for him!)
Hero shows: 10 of c, 4 of d
Hero wins $23.75 from the main pot

Continuation betting ... I like to continuation bet most flops unless its a multiway pot and I have whiffed. I think I also continuation bet something like 80% on the turn - 40% of the time I have a hand, 20% I have a draw, and 20% I have air!

** Ingenvinus [Hold 'em] (2.004.00 Fixed - $ Cash Game) Real Money
- stoffeol sitting in seat 1 with $139.66
- rorschakh sitting in seat 2 with $60.00
- Hero sitting in seat 3 with $97.00 [Dealer]
- CES sitting in seat 4 with $85.65
- geomix3 sitting in seat 5 with $835.29
- plutanium sitting in seat 6 with $46.41
CES posted the small blind - $1.00
geomix3 posted the big blind - $2.00
** Dealing card to Hero: J of s, 8 of s (not real strong but in my steal range from the button if folded to me)
plutanium folded
stoffeol folded
rorschakh folded
Hero raised - $4.00 (steal!)
CES folded
geomix3 called - $4.00 (dammit!)
** Dealing the flop: 6 of c, 7 of h, A of d (whiffed)
geomix3 checked (okay good .. he's either weak or goin for a check raise)
Hero bet - $2.00 (i'm hoping to steal the pot here)
geomix3 called - $2.00 (double dammit! but at least he didn't check raise ... although he is a bit of a passive fish ....)
** Dealing the turn: J of h (okay that has significantly improved my hand but I could be behind)
geomix3 checked
Hero bet - $4.00 (i'd probably bet here even if the turn missed me, hoping he folds)
geomix3 called - $4.00 (hmm thats not really a good sign .... does he have an A? a 6? a 7? 2 hearts? 45? 89? T9?)
** Dealing the river: 6 of s (whats the bet he has a 6? or an A?)
geomix3 checked
Hero checked (hmm he checked which is pretty weak again .. should I value bet here, or just check behind. If I got raised here i'd probably call it, so maybe I will just check behind to make sure I see the showdown. Against a TAG I think i'd value bet, but against this passive fish i'm a bit concerned .. maybe I am thinking wrong!)
geomix3 shows: 4 of s, 8 of h (hmm he chased a gutshot with no other draw. *makes note to always try to find this guy to play against*)
Hero shows: J of s, 8 of s
Hero wins $19.95 from the main pot

Current bankroll: $9,350

1 comment:

Colossos159 said...

Whenever I read your blog , I feel like playing limit abit more but when I do , I always end up losing. I stopped playing poker for a few days but will pick it up today. Nice of you to post some hands, esp with the comments. Keep it up.
Greets