Monday, July 14, 2008

Current strategy

Thought i'd better share my overall plan of attack, and then at least I can come back to it and check if i'm doing as planned.

First and foremost, my goal is to have a good rakeback or equivalent cashback VIP deal on all major networks. (and i'm always looking for a potentially better deal on each one.

So far I have a rakeback or cashback VIP deal on the following networks:
  • Fulltilt
  • Ipoker
  • Microgaming/Prima
  • Cryptologic
  • Cake
  • Bodog

If I have a good deal already on a network or the network is too small for me to bother with then I dont mind just hitting up a poker site with a sign up bonus such as through PSO (refer the link on the right).

I've done the pure bonus on:

  • Pokerstars
  • Ongame (hollywood & pokerroom .. hmm i should try to find a VIP deal at ongame ...)

I'm still looking for rakeback deals with higher returns on each network, but if I can't find one i'll simply pick a new sign up bonus offer. Given that i've signed up for a fair few sites now, often I receive a deposit reload bonus offer, which generally boosts the rakeback return quite substantially. It seems pretty rare these days that I don't have a site to play on with a significant overall return of rake paid (sometimes in excess of 100%).

Anyways thats it really...short and simple strategy.

So for the moment i'm playing Bodog for cashback and the first deposit bonus, william hill for the 5 hours played monthly bonus and Cake for rakeback and a reload bonus. Playing a bit of fulltilt for rakeback when there are no juicy tables on the other networks.

As far as actual play goes, I only had about 20 minutes to play, and couldnt' find any decent tables above $1/2 so ended up playing a bit of William Hill for the monthly 5 hour bonus, and a bit of bodog $1/2 where the fish bit me hard when I had two gutshots hit against me as well as a flopped flush with my opponent showing down 82s which he cold called a raise with. Given I didnt have long to play though I didn't really lose much.

Current Bankroll: $9,900 (+360 Aug)

1 comment:

Nick said...

Hey blog owner! If you would like to earn a months link on a PR 2 poker site for little effort, just write a short post about http://www.pokerisrigged.com upcoming poker league with added prizes running each sunday! For any questions please contact me on the email provided, or talk to me (PlateFish) at pokerisrigged.com. If you play poker then you can have a link up on the front page league table if you play any of the 5 tournaments (as well as your sponsored link for a month).

Hope to hear from you soon,
Nick.