Sunday, May 25, 2008

Super session followed by frustration

Played a good 3 hours on the weekend - I know - a bit unusual, but I had some free time.

Started off with getting a normal amount of starting hands, however, every single one seemed to hold up. Draws were hitting, my big cards were pairing, made a couple straights and got called down by the fish regularly.

For the first hour and a half I think my BB/100 was around 45 ... huge for limit poker, and over 4 tables.

Then .. back to reality. One of my key fish who had been giving me money time and time again managed to hit a 2,3 or 4 outer six times in a row!! ARGH.

I could see myself getting more and more annoyed, but was still playing well. In the end the fish left the table, so I ended up quitting as well when there were no longer enough juicy opponents. I cleared about $100 in bonus, and still managed to end up a couple hundred, which is quite good - although it could easily have been $400. Won't complain though - still a decent return for the time invested.

Current bankroll: $8,200

1 comment:

Sir Nemo said...

Glad to see you're doing well m8! Seriously my biggest inspiration. I can only hope to get to where you are.