Monday, April 20, 2009

Between the fish ...

Found myself on a great table on Bodog with a couple of big fish to my right, and a whopper to my left. Obviously I would have preferred to be on the left of the whopper, but that seat wasn't open and my seat was still very very good.

The whopper to my left was a 69/5 guy with a WTSD of around 50% and a -20BB/100 over 400 hands. A fantastic opponent to get it in with.

I obviously then run like turd .....

$1/$2 Limit Holdem • 6 Players
UTG 64.10 (64/7)
UTG+1 45.75 (55/10)
Hero (CO) 68.90
BTN 97.65 (69/5)
SB 130.14
BB 122.25
Pre-Flop (1.5 SB, 6 players) Hero is CO with AcAh

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, BTN calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls (told ya the table was good)
Flop (12.0 SB, 6 players)

6d3hkh (nice enough flop for me - only real worry is a heart flush draw. potentially a set)

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, 1 fold, Hero raises, BTN calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls (pair of kings for utg? maybe at least one heart flush draw)

Turn (10.0 BB, 4 players)

Jd (not a bad card for me)

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BTN raises, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls (i dont' really like it that button has come alive now KJ?
River (16.0 BB, 3 players)

2d (okay card for me)

BB bets, Hero calls, BTN folds (wtf, now BB comes alive?? I can't fold in a pot this big though. Kinda surprised by teh BTN fold)
Final Pot: 35.2 BB
BB shows Ad8d (you gotta be f'n kiddin me. He'd sucked out on me two hands ago with K8s versus my KK on a Kxxr flop in another huge pot)

BB wins 17.2 BB ( won +12.2 BB )
UTG+1 lost -1.0 BB
Hero lost -5.0 BB
BTN lost -4.0 BB
SB lost -1.0 BB
UTG lost -2.0 BB

So, whilst I had again managed to drop 20BBs in half an hour, on a second table, I actually made up 25BBs where a few of my big hands actually held up. I was also aided by a couple muppets who were regularly bluffing with complete air on the river against my good but not great hands.

Frustratingly, no real progress for the session. I just need a few of those big pots to go my way.

Current bankroll: $17,200
April time played: 16h
April profit/(loss): ($50)

No comments: