Monday, April 6, 2009

Aggro fish

Sometimes aggro fish can be extremely generous - the one's I like are those that like to bet with air, and keep on betting and raising every street with total air hoping that you will fold. Those with a WTSD above about 40% are great.

Whilst you may think that 40% is not overly high, well, its not for a regular TAG. However, someone who both playing tons of hands (say 60%+) and is betting all the time is going to get to showdown a lot less often as people will fold regularly until they work out that particular player and start calling them down light.

Sometimes however, they do suck out and that can be quite irritating.

Hand 1:

$0.5/$1 Limit Holdem • 5 Players (first orbit on a fulltilt table just going for the 2x bonus I mentioned in an earlier post. Not enough free $1/2 tables so ended on this one)
UTG 24.4
CO 15.95 (hugely passive fish)
Hero (BTN) 47.5
SB 8.4 (aggro fish)
BB 14.5
Pre-Flop (1.5 SB, 5 players) Hero is BTN with QcJs (not bad)

2 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, 1 fold (I was expecting him to reraise here)
Flop (5.0 SB, 2 players)

2c8cQs

SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB 4-bets, Hero calls (i'm not at all concerned by the c/r from this guy. he's been aggro all day. the 4 bet i'm not super happy with, so I've decided to call down here. Maybe he has the flush draw or baby trips?)
Turn (6.5 BB, 2 players)

Th (well that's missed the fd so far)

SB bets, Hero calls
River (8.5 BB, 2 players)

Jd (fd missed and now I have two pair. However a 9 makes a straight)

SB bets, Hero calls (strongly thought about raising here. I think I should have)
Final Pot: 10.5 BB
Hero shows QcJs
SB shows Ad9h (he capped the flop with this remember.... f me)

SB wins 10.0 BB ( won +5.0 BB )
Hero lost -5.0 BB

Anyways that was the first orbit and i'm so glad it was only at .5/1 otherwise I would have been fairly pissed at that. Given my last couple day's sessions though, I thought I might be in for another session of pain.

However, I was wrong. A few hands later he has 3 bet the turn and then also 3 bet the river and called my cap into my nut flush when he had all of K high. Bizarre. Overall in a little under half an hour I made a few BBs on Fulltilt and about another 20BBs on Bodog but only at $1/2. At leat the bankroll is heading back in the right direction ...

Current bankroll: $17,050
April time played: 6h
April profit/(loss): ($200)

1 comment:

The blindman said...

I've been playing 2/4 and 3/6 at Eurolinx the last few days, and I have to say the fish are everywhere right now. Some super aggro like this guy, some super passive call stations. I prefer the latter, because they pay you big pots when you hit something, but don't cost you much when they hit.

One classic the other day was when I capped it with TT preflop (maybe 3 or 4 way), and then capped it again on a KTx flop with two diamonds. The villain calls down with A7o, catching a runner-runner SEVEN HIGH ONE CARD FLUSH to take the pot away from me. The other guy called down with K8. It was 2/4 Euro, so a pretty monstrous pot. I was pretty filthy about that