Thursday, April 16, 2009

Aggro muppet runs into my ladies

Had another awful session which would have been worse apart from the fact that I managed to find and have position on a guy who was running at 90/70 and seemed to like to cap the flop and turn with complete air. I'd watch him show down trash for one orbit, and he was running at a massive -300BB/100. I then had a couple hands come up -

Hand 1:

$1/$2 Limit Holdem • 6 Players
UTG 35.35
UTG+1 63.5
CO 50.64 (huge aggro fish)
Hero (BTN) 45.5
SB 105
BB 21.25
Pre-Flop (1.5 SB, 6 players) Hero is BTN withAdJd

2 folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, CO 4-bets, Hero calls, BB calls (3bet here without hesistation. Not super happy the BB decided to call 2 cold, but I know i'm in front of muppet)
Flop (12.5 SB, 3 players)

KcTd4d (That's not a great flop .... i'm left with a one overcard, a gutshot and bdfd)

BB checks, CO bets, Hero calls, BB calls (at 13:1 this is definitely worth a call with my draw)
Turn (7.8 BB, 3 players)

Qd (bingo!)

BB checks, CO bets, Hero raises, BB folds, CO 3-bets, Hero 4-bets, CO calls (CO could literally have anything here. I could call to get BB to tag along, but that would be plain stupid - gotta bet hard with the nuts)
River (15.8 BB, 2 players)

Th (somewhat of a terrible card pairing the board. however, this guy is a muppet so i'm going to bet hard. if i'm beat then i'm beat)

CO bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Hero 4-bets, CO calls
Final Pot: 23.8 BB
Hero shows AdJd
CO mucks (I wonder what he had ... )
Hero wins 23.2 BB ( won +12.8 BB )
CO lost -10.5 BB
BB lost -2.5 BB

Hand 2:

$1/$2 Limit Holdem • 6 Players
UTG 85.16
UTG+1 29.48 (my super aggro fishy mate)
Hero (CO) 67
BTN 95.43
SB 15.03
BB 31.35
Pre-Flop (1.5 SB, 6 players) Hero is CO with QsQc

1 fold, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, BTN 4-bets (that's not a good sign - he was a solid player), SB calls (wtf?), 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls
Flop (17.0 SB, 4 players)

2h6cQh (kaching)

SB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB calls, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero 4-bets, SB calls, UTG+1 calls (again no point playing slow against all these guys - pot is huge and multiway)
Turn (14.5 BB, 3 players)

4d (sweet - no heart)

SB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, SB folds, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero 4-bets, UTG+1 calls (keep bettin hard against fishy)
River (22.5 BB, 2 players)

Qd (heheh 2nd time i've hit quads in the last week or so)

UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls
Final Pot: 26.5 BB
Hero shows QsQc
UTG+1 mucks (still would be interesting to know what he had again ...)
Hero wins 26.0 BB ( won +16.0 BB )
UTG+1 lost -10.0 BB
BTN lost -2.0 BB
SB lost -4.0 BB

Pity it was only at $1/2. On another table I managed to lose 25BBs at the same time (on pacific from memory). Then dropped a few more BBs on William Hill at 2/4 and 3/6 due to some nasty little suck outs again, and my session didn't end all that well. Surely i'm due for a bit of a turnaround again..... i'm back to where I was 7 weeks ago, so given that I've had a chunk of rakeback in that time I must be a fair bit down on the tables. Still given my limited volume, you have to expect fairly long periods of downswings.

Current bankroll: $17,150
April time played: 12h30m
April profit/(loss): ($100)

4 comments:

The blindman said...

Wow, which site was this megafish playing?

I've had a few good 'uns over the last week or so 70/20 and 65/5. But 90/70 is something else.

parttimebonuschaser said...

bodog mate. its been really up and down there lately though

sometimes no tables running, occasionally too tight, and other times when you have 5 fish (50+/5) guys sitting in the other seats

SirFWALGMan said...

Why is the ten a terrible card? Because it kills your action? Really how are you any more beat than any other hand that beat you before this except quad tens.. but if he has that then go broke I mean cmon..

I also was kind of curious why you play 1/2 LHE with a 17K bankroll.. Is that overkill? Are you mcTilty like me? heh. Just wondering.

parttimebonuschaser said...

KK, KT, TT, 44 - i'd have preferred a complete blank. In saying that, you'd notice that I capped the river anyways as I didnt give him credit for any of the above.

Couple reasons for $1/2
a) i'm certain i can beat it
b) its where I find the fishiest tables

However, i play anywhere from 1/2 to 4/8.

Cheers