Monday, September 29, 2008

September summary

Looking back it appears to be a very successful month, and a big turnaround from the month before. Including rakeback and bonuses, I'm made $1,600 - and actually did not have a single negative day by the looks (albeit sessions within days did have swings). That is a minor miracle. Not that I will complain. It also came with a fair bit less volume - I would have been lucky to have put in 20 hours for the month I think.

I was also on holiday at the start of the month and expected to go away so didn't really take up any extra bonus deals this month, but I think I still did okay with the bonuses/rakeback for the month. The lack of volume would also be reducing my rakeback.

Must confess though that a lot of the month was spent back down at the $1/2 (a lot!) and $2/4 tables, regaining confidence from the prior month, as well as being partly enforced on Bodog as I didn't keep enough of my roll on there for $4/8, and they don't have $2/4 or $3/6 tables running at 6max.

I guess my other key thinking around poker this month came with the development of my cash out strategy, which resulted in some decent cash outs when the $A had dropped significantly versus the $US, and my timing appears to have been quite good.

Last month's goals for September:

  • Play my 5 hours on William Hill for the $50 bonus (yep)
  • Clear my last reload of $60 on cake (yep .. although was only $50 left)
  • Maybe find a new site to play on and score some new bonuses (yep - signed up on Pacific under a good deal)
  • Would be nice to actually win from play :) (yep)

The gain of $1,600 for the month was made up of:

Bonuses/VIP: $420

  • William Hill: $50 for 5 hours play bonus
  • Cake: $50 reload bonus
  • Bodog: $160
  • Rakebackstat: $110
  • Party: $50

Rakeback: $100

  • William Hill: $10
  • Cake: $30
  • Fulltilt: $60

Poker winnings / (losses): $1,080 (solid for my volume)

For October the goals in order of priority are:

  • Play my 5 hours on William Hill for the $50 bonus
  • Clear as much of my Bodog bonus as possible (hopefully build my roll large enough to take a shot at $4/8)
  • Have a sniff around on Pacific under my new deal there
  • Try to get the handgrabbing software and have it running correctly on Bodog and Pacific
  • Pray for another Cake reload

Current bankroll: $13,050

6 comments:

The blindman said...

Very nice work. What are the Cake bonuses like in terms of RB percentage? I'm thinking of signing up there (probably via RTR). I guess the trackers don't work there? That could make it interesting.

parttimebonuschaser said...

With bonus + rakeback i believe it would be around 60%. the bonus clears at a slightly faster rate than rakeback accrues.

No the trackers dont work. You can kinda import them with some cake converter software (I think it only imports the first few letters of a player's name), but its against their terms and conditions so I dont bother trying.

parttimebonuschaser said...

Oh and yep rtr is probably a good choice.

I signed up earlier through another affiliate, but dont get the freeroll or a rake race. quite frustrating really.

The blindman said...

Have you ever had a go at one of the rake races? Can you score in them without playing a ludicrous number of hands?

I actually played a small rake race through pokerpremiers (linked to the BigFooty forum). Will mention that on my blog when I get around to posting my September summary.

parttimebonuschaser said...

The only one i've ever really tried at was when i first signed up to Littlewoods, and finished reasonably high for $200.

I was fairly surprised I did that well, but apparently you rake a lot more in limit rather than no limit.

I think I did okay in one on microgaming once as well.

hadnt noticed the bigfooty one .. although I only really use that site for dreamteam

The blindman said...

The BigFooty one was surprisingly easy. Some people are getting $40 or so for hardly any play at all. I only started half way through the second race. I'll give you a heads up if they run another one.