Looking back it appears to be a very successful month, and a big turnaround from the month before. Including rakeback and bonuses, I'm made $1,600 - and actually did not have a single negative day by the looks (albeit sessions within days did have swings). That is a minor miracle. Not that I will complain. It also came with a fair bit less volume - I would have been lucky to have put in 20 hours for the month I think.
I was also on holiday at the start of the month and expected to go away so didn't really take up any extra bonus deals this month, but I think I still did okay with the bonuses/rakeback for the month. The lack of volume would also be reducing my rakeback.
Must confess though that a lot of the month was spent back down at the $1/2 (a lot!) and $2/4 tables, regaining confidence from the prior month, as well as being partly enforced on Bodog as I didn't keep enough of my roll on there for $4/8, and they don't have $2/4 or $3/6 tables running at 6max.
I guess my other key thinking around poker this month came with the development of my cash out strategy, which resulted in some decent cash outs when the $A had dropped significantly versus the $US, and my timing appears to have been quite good.
Last month's goals for September:
- Play my 5 hours on William Hill for the $50 bonus (yep)
- Clear my last reload of $60 on cake (yep .. although was only $50 left)
- Maybe find a new site to play on and score some new bonuses (yep - signed up on Pacific under a good deal)
- Would be nice to actually win from play :) (yep)
The gain of $1,600 for the month was made up of:
- William Hill: $50 for 5 hours play bonus
- Cake: $50 reload bonus
- Bodog: $160
- Rakebackstat: $110
- Party: $50
- William Hill: $10
- Cake: $30
- Fulltilt: $60
Poker winnings / (losses): $1,080 (solid for my volume)
For October the goals in order of priority are:
- Play my 5 hours on William Hill for the $50 bonus
- Clear as much of my Bodog bonus as possible (hopefully build my roll large enough to take a shot at $4/8)
- Have a sniff around on Pacific under my new deal there
- Try to get the handgrabbing software and have it running correctly on Bodog and Pacific
- Pray for another Cake reload
Current bankroll: $13,050