Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Musical chairs

Bugger me if it wasn't a tough session last night. In the space of an hour I think I opened and closed literally 20 tables.

I was trying to do my time bonus on William Hill initially, and found a couple nice tables with the avg players per pot a little over 50%. About 5 hands later and both tables had dropped to 25% and all I could see were TAGS and rocks. Exit as soon as the BB gets back to me.

I'm then playing a bit of Fulltilt and find some nice juicy 60% players seeing the flop. 2 orbits later and its in the low 30s. Exit stage left.

Bodog I had one table, which broke up about 2 orbits after I started there.

Luckily Cake had a couple fishy tables, where I had perfect position on a fish, and was able to stay for a few more than 10 hands. Although it was a hugely frustrating session and I did indeed tilt as follows:

Seat 1: sebermel ($87.86 in chips)
Seat 5: Doener5dm ($153.65 in chips) DEALER
Seat 6: noiq555 ($155.45 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero ($84.20 in chips)
Seat 10: Fredddyy ($84.75 in chips)
noiq555: Post SB $1.00
Hero: Post BB $2.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [S9 SK]
Fredddyy: Fold
sebermel: Call $2.00
Doener5dm: Fold
noiq555: Call $1.00
Hero: Check (didn't think i was strong enough to raise here, but I think I should have. Sebermel was the fish of the table with a VPIP of probably around 90%)
*** FLOP *** [CJ D9 HQ]
noiq555: Check
Hero: Bet $2.00 (well, with one guy checking I might take a stab here with bottom pair)
sebermel: Call $2.00
noiq555: Fold (good)
*** TURN *** [H5]
Hero: Bet $4.00 (hmm blank, may as well take another stab)
sebermel: Call $4.00 (oh oh)
*** RIVER *** [HA] (ack)
Hero: Check
sebermel: Bet $4.00
Hero: Call $4.00 (this guy could have literally any 2 ... he actually called a river raise with 3 high earlier ... 23o in his hand ..)
*** SUMMARY ***
Dealt to sebermel [H6 H8] (wtf ... bottom end of a gutshot straight draw and he hits his BDFD .. f me)
sebermel: wins $24.70

That was about the 4th bad beat he'd put on me and I am sure I tilted in the following hand:

Seat 1: sebermel ($112.16 in chips) DEALER
Seat 3: Nebosenko ($98.00 in chips)
Seat 6: noiq555 ($153.45 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero ($74.20 in chips)
Seat 10: Fredddyy ($71.75 in chips)
Nebosenko: Post SB $1.00
noiq555: Post BB $2.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [S10 S8]
Doener5dm: Sitout
Hero: Raise (NF) $4.00 (okay this raise is a bit on the tilty side)
Fredddyy: Fold
sebermel: Raise (NF) $6.00 (hmm damn)
Nebosenko: Fold
noiq555: Fold
Hero: Call $2.00
*** FLOP *** [DJ C6 H4] (right i've flopped total air .. absolutely nothing)
Hero: Check
sebermel: Bet $2.00
Hero: Call $2.00 (wtf am I doin)
*** TURN *** [D5] (wow i now have a gutshot and nothin else)
Hero: Check
sebermel: Bet $4.00
Hero: Call $4.00 (wtf am I doin???)
*** RIVER *** [C7] (omfg .. that is a miracle that I don't deserver)
Hero: Check (lets checkraise here. there's no way i'm behind)
sebermel: Bet $4.00 (nice)
Hero: Raise (NF) $8.00
sebermel: Raise (NF) $12.00 (OMFG .. awesome ty very much)
Hero: Raise (NF) $16.00
sebermel: Call $4.00
*** SUMMARY ***
Dealt to sebermel [D4 S4] (wtf .. he 3bet me preflop with 44??)
Hero: wins $56.05

Anyways, since I tilted I knew I had to quit all tables and pack up for the day. There's no way i'll let myself play in that state.

Turned out okay all up though for about another $100ish.

Current Bankroll: $11,850

Note to self: next blog cash out strategy. also debate not showing results of hands to get more meaningful comments.

1 comment:

The blindman said...

Lol, I don't think we will be able to predict the hands based on that last example :)

It's sweetly ironic when a bonehead play like that wreaks revenge on the muppet who's been sucking out on you all session.