Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ignorance can produce a nice surprise

I played a solid half hour last night, and suffered what seemed to be beat after beat after beat.

What made it worse was that it was being done by a couple of aggro muppets who would 3 bet stuff like third pair on a board where I had top pair only to river three of a kind, or another guy who 3 bet me on a flush and straight board on the turn where I held the flush only for the board to pair on the river to give him a boat.

I guess its not hard to understand why those types of hands are particularly annoying. I find the fish just calling down and hitting their miracles somewhat less annoying.

On the flip side when they miss, I guess the aggro guys do pay you off quite well.

It's human nature though to just remember the nasty beats and not all those regular wins where you just bet each street with the best hand and it holds up, or you even produce a suckout of your own.

I was sure i'd suffered a horrible session with a couple of those beats being in 20BB pots, however, once i'd closed down all my tables and tallied up where I was at for the day, I found that I was actually slightly up for the session. Add on some rakeback, and it wasn't too bad at all. Who says ignorance of where you're at doesn't come in handy sometimes?

Current bankroll: $19,600
July time played: 15h30m
July profit/(loss): $1,050

No comments: