Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A different fish type

Found my new favourite fish type last night - the 80/5 guy that then goes to showdown only 20% of the time. If you bet/isolate and cbet you win 80% of the time without it even going past the flop. No risk, no stress of being sucked out on. Having him on my right and him dropping 30BB/100 was a huge bonus.

I'll have to look for him again in future.

An odd midweek session for me though - plenty of tables to choose from and the fish were out in force. On one brief $5/10 table though I just couldn't get a starting hand and over 60 hands i'd seen a total of 9 flops with a vpip of under 10%!! I could see the fish on my right gradually being cleaned out by another TAG, but just couldn't do anything about it. Frustrating, but you get the sometimes, and it could have been worse - the fish could have been sucking out on me.

At the same time I had a good $3/6 table running as well as a $2/4 and $1/2. Talk about mixing levels although I don't ever seem to get mixed up .... All three of those tables however ran okay, with at least two fish on my right, and I more or less ended 10BBs up on the two higher ones and 25BBs up on the $1/2.

Current bankroll: $18,950
July time played: 4h30m
July profit/(loss): $400

No comments: