Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Slight turbulence

Found a couple good tables to play on last night - a slight miracle for midweek.

However, it was a bit of a bumpy ride, with me dropping 30BBs in total on a $3/6 and $2/4 table in the first 5 minutes where I scored some premium hands in the first orbit, only to see them all get sucked out on.

The next 50 minutes were spent treading water, as I just couldn't get paid back by the couple fish to my right.

The next 5 minutes resulted in the fish actually paying me back, when my KK held up 4 ways on a Qh7h3s then 6h turn to give me that sinking feeling. River blanked, and all three fish called me down on both the turn and river. Add AQ on a board of AJJ against a super aggro fish who decided his TT was good versus my preflop 3bet, and continued to think he was good facing my flop and turn raise.

The last half hour was a different session, and that one started down, and stayed down. I made one fold where I had 88 which was capped 3 ways preflop. The flop was T62 with two hearts, and after my check out of position there was a raise and reraise so I folded. Unfortunately for me they ended up flipping over AKo and AQs for A high and my 8s would have held up. I still don't think its a bad fold though.

In the end I was stuck for almost $100, and at worst I was down about $180 so it wasn't too bad in the end.

It seems like the last few days have been stuck in mild turbulence - up a bit one day, and down a bit the next. Should get a small rakeback credit shortly which will help the bankroll a little too.

Current bankroll: $18,250
June time played: 11h
June profit/(loss): $550

No comments: