Monday, June 29, 2009

June 2009 Summary

My poker month didn't really start until the 8th as I was off Honeymooning and had better things to do.

I still put in 15 hours though, so not too bad, and generally ran pretty well, which is a change from the last few months. After three months of losing at the tables, and only staying in the black through rakeback/bonuses, its good to clear a profit from actual play.

After complaining about no Cake reloads for a while, I actually received another two reloads here as well. I dunno who runs their promotions department, but doing two reloads in the space of a week seems a little odd. Particularly after no reloads for a few months.

The only small significance was a brief hit up of the $5/10 tables where i've never played before, and having a small success there. Haven't been able to find any super fishy tables since then, but i'll keep on the look out, as it appears new players often just go to that level even with no clue.

Not sure how much volume i'll actually get in for July. Will see how it goes, but i'm not expecting a huge amount.

Last month's goals for June:
  • Clear as much of my Bodog reload bonus as possible (cleared only about $20 - accidently had full tables hidden so didn't even see all the juicy tables in the lobby!)
  • Clear some of my Cake reload that I received at the end of May (cleared only about $20 here as well)
  • Take advantage of the 40%+ rakeback at William Hill for June through RakeTheRake (cleared maybe $1 worth as I decided the tables weren't often fishy enough to bother with)
  • Play some more Pacific if it seems fishy (actually did play a bit here - but often there's not many tables running)
  • Spend some more poker points and hopefully convert some to cash (fulltilt?) (didnt get round to it .. never seem to)

The gain of $850 for the month was made up of:

Bonuses/vip/rakeback: $180
  • Bodog $30
  • Cake $40
  • Pacific $80
  • Fulltilt $30

Poker bankroll Interest: $60

Poker profits: $610

For July the goals in order of priority are again pretty similar to June:
  • Clear as much of my Bodog reload bonus as possible
  • Clear some of my Cake reload that I received at the end of May & June
  • Play some more Pacific if it seems fishy
  • Spend some more poker points and hopefully convert some to cash (fulltilt?)
Current bankroll: $18,550
May time played: 15h
May profit / (loss): $850

1 comment:

The blindman said...

I can only encourage you on the 5/10 situation. On Pacific, Cake and Microgaming I have to say that I have not noticed much difference between 5/10 and 2/4 in terms of skill. Indeed sometimes 5/10 appears to be fishier.

Good to see a winning month at last.