Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Biting the bullet

Going to bite the bullet and buy a new PC in the next day or two. My current machine booted okay the first time last night, but after a required reboot, had to be rebooted again twice more to get it to run without freezing up.

I've specced it out as follows for you geeks out there:

CPU: athlon 2 x2 235 45w
Mobo & GPU: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
RAM: Gskill 4GB DDR3-1333
HDD: Samsung F2 1.5TB
Case&PSU: antec nsk2480b
ODD: Sony sata
O/S: windows 7 home premium 64bit oem

Pretty low specs, but should be enough for poker and htpc purposes. I'm a bit annoyed the phenom 2 905e chips aren't available in Australia, otherwise i'd get one of them instead. That will have to be a later upgrade now.

Hopefully i'll be back in business on the tables properly soon.

I played a few more hands last night when the machine was running and had a horrible run on a $4/8 table where I ran into a boat with my set, as well as a couple sets when I held TPTK. However, I ran like god on the $3/6 tables to make up for it and ended just in front for the session.

Current bankroll: $23,600
February time played: 8.5h
February hands played: 2,350
February profit / (loss): $300

No comments: