Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September summary

Well, my last hour of poker for the month ended with a fairly poor session. I ran pretty cold at 20/14 instead of 30/20 and even when I played a hand, it often didn't end too pretty with a 30% wtsd and 30% w$sd. Dropped around 60BBs in total although mainly at $1/2 and $2/4, so the damage wasn't too bad.

Annoyingly i'm back below $20,000 again. Although i've got enough rakeback coming to recover that.

It was another fairly light month for me on the tables - all up about 13.5 hours which I know many people can do in a single day. Also it becomes my first losing month to date. I thought i'd be disappointed with that, but to be honest, it doesn't really make all that much difference. I'm pretty sure i'll recover it quick enough in October so no real concerns there.

I had a look at my overall stats on Bodog the other day, and i'm only a slight winner at $1/2 in a little over 40,000 hands. I'm sure I should be winning at a much higher rate given the fishiness there, so hopefully the next 10k hands or so show a decent improvement.

Last month's goals for September:

• Put in some more volume than August (does half an hour count??)
• Clear as much of my Bodog reload bonus as possible and hopefully hit some fishy $4/8 tables (yeah cleared a stack of that although not credited till next month. Have hit the $4/8 bodog tables a bit too)
• Clear some more of my Cake reload that I received at the end of May & June (cleared all of maybe $20. for some reason i've not found it as fishy lately)
• Play some more Pacific if it seems fishy (gave pacific a fair crack this month)
• Spend some more poker points and hopefully convert some to cash (fulltilt?) (spent 1800 or so on a single sng the other day. Busted out with TT allin v AQ v QQ. Flop Q).

The loss of $450 for the month was made up of:

Bonuses/vip/rakeback: $280

• Bodog $100
• Cake $20
• Pacific $100
• Fulltilt $60

Poker bankroll Interest: $60

Poker losses: $790


For October the goals in order of priority are:

• Make a profit!
• Put in some more volume than August and September ....
• Clear as much of my Bodog reload bonus as possible
• Clear some more of my Cake reload and see if I can score a few more gold chips
• Play some more Pacific if it seems fishy
• Spend some more poker points and hopefully convert some to cash (fulltilt?)

Not sure that I will actually put in any more volume, as I know I am going away for a wedding this month, and am already busy with other things this weekend. Will see.

Current bankroll: $19,900
September time played: 13h30m

September profit / (loss): ($450)

No comments: