Sunday, September 20, 2009

Coulda, shoulda, wasn't

Planned to play a bit on the weekend, but didn't get round to it.

However, when I did play, I had half an hour on an amazing $5/10 table. Two 90/5 fish and one 70/3 fish and two overaggro muppets made up the table, and within the first orbit I was up 20BBs. My top pair top kicker held up twice when I was sure I was gone in a four way pot that was raised on the turn.

I could have quit there and been back to even for the month. However, since the table was so juicy and I still had another 15 minutes to play, I decided to stay.

Obviously what happens next is a sequence of nasty beats, and I drop 40BBs to be down 20BBs for the session. AA couldn't hold up twice, AJ on a flop of AJ2r lost to AQ, my QQ then runs into T8o on a flop of 562r ... turn 9 river 7 and wtf ...

My two big fish then left, so it was time for me to leave as well. No point chasing losses on a short table versus some aggro opponents.

Next time .....

At least I made a few BBs off Fulltilt from the $2/4 and $3/6 tables at the same time so it wasn't all bad.

Current bankroll: $19,950
September time played: 6h
September profit / (loss): ($400)

No comments: