Monday, September 28, 2009

Frustratingly even

Found a superb fish on a $4/8 table last night with a $400 stack. He'd see about 70% of flops and showdown about 60%, winning all of about 30% of those.

Unfortunately for me, those 30% winnings were mainly against me, where he cracked my AA, KK and JJ ... with the JJ particularly nasty on a J92r flop. Runner, runners and 2 outers were the order of the day. Add to that and within half an hour i've lost over $200 to him alone and he's managed to lose his entire stack of $400 plus my $200 to the other guys at the table.

A couple of the other fish did donate quite a lot to me and i'd started the session with a couple wins, so I somehow managed to end the session even. A couple of those suckouts had me ready to put my fist through the monitor half way through the session though. Funny thing is, it doesn't really impact the way I play the cards - and if it did i'd be quitting the session.

I've earnt some decent rakeback, but probably wont be paid till next month, so this is still looking like a losing month overall.

Current bankroll: $20,000
September time played: 12h
September profit / (loss): ($350)

2 comments:

microstakes bankroll builder said...

yes, you strike me as the kind of person that doesnt let tilt affext your play, just by the way you organise your blog and the comments you make.

its a good mindset which you should consider for no limit where tilt kills many otherwsie good players bankroll? no tilt@nl=big winner.
or have you been there

parttimebonuschaser said...

Haven't really tried NL cash yet. I was close to giving it a try when I was playing more hours.

If i wasn't winning at fixed limit, and wasn't so lazy, i'd probably give it a go.