Monday, March 31, 2008

March summary

A few more fish on Cake last night enabled me to increase my bankroll a little further since my last post. It wasn't looking good when I was down 10BBs for a fair while, and then went to 15BBs before I finally hit a 2nd nut flush to take a 20BB pot, followed by another 10BB pot the very next hand with top 2 pair. Won a small amount on Pokerstars as I still have the $50 bonus to clear there as well, however the play there was much more aggressive. Luckily a couple times I really did have a good hand, and they paid me off.

March turned into my best month to date, beating February by a whole $50. I believe however, I played for considerably less time - less than 25 hours for the month. For the end of the month my bankroll made it to $5,750 which was a gain of $1,400 for the month. That was made up of:

Bonuses: $447.50

  1. William Hill: $50 for 5 hours play bonus
  2. Sun: $20 bonus for playing 160mpps (still waiting for that to be credited)
  3. Cake: $120 bonus cleared (with another $70 remaining that expires in 3 months)
  4. Party: $7.5 reload bonus
  5. Chan: $250 through easypokerbonuses
  6. Rakeback: $160

  7. Fulltilt: $24
  8. Sun: $24
  9. Cake: $100
  10. William Hill: $12
Poker winnings / (losses): $790

Playing a lot more of 2/4 (and still a bit of 1/2, although mainly on William Hill) has allowed me to increase the amount of bonuses I am clearing and increase the amount of rakeback I am receivin even though i've played fewer hours . Still nowhere near enough hands to tell if I am a long term winner at 2/4, but I am very comfortable playing there now, and have shown pretty good results to date.

I did manage to cash in the Fulltilt freeroll, however, should have done a lot better when i went out with a stupid hand. Chalk that up to experience i guess.

For April the goals in order of priority are:

  1. Clear as much of my Cake bonus of $80
  2. Clear the last 250 points of my Pokerroom bonus for $210 - and boy does that clear FAST!
  3. Play my 5 hours on William Hill for the $50 bonus
  4. Clear some of the Sun bonus - maybe $20 or $50 (through double up SnGs mainly)
  5. Clear 500 points on fulltilt to qualify for the freeroll (and place in it again!!)
  6. Find a new bonus to clear

Current bankroll: $5,750

4 comments:

sttrow said...

Well done mate - a great month!!

The betfair bonus (on my website) is one of the best going - I would say that wouldn't I.

Basically I've negotiated a $600 bonus with them which you have 60 days to clear. It doesn't matter if you only deposit $50 - you can still get the whole $600 bonus just by accumulating Betfair points. The bonus is released in $10 increments each week.

Oh, plus you get a minimum of 30% rakeback, which is paid directly into your poker account once a month.

I'm not trying to spam you mate - but you said you're looking and this is a good offer :-)

Any questions, then give me a shout

Mr Origami said...

Alright mate, was reading your blog and wondered if you might wanna swap links? http://rcpoker.blogspot.com/ if you do and Ill link you up too..cheers :)

Unknown said...

hello everyone, ive been practicing poker and online poker since last week and i am still not familiar of some poker terms, can you help me please? By the way, what do you mean by Betfair bonus? THanks!

____________________
Marvin

At RakeBackCelebPoker.com We Will You Give you a 100% Match Bonus Up To €100 Plus 30% Rakeback for Life! Sign Up Now. http://www.RakeBackCelebPoker.com

parttimebonuschaser said...

If you want to get a handle on poker terms, go to www.twoplustwo.com and check out the beginners forum. There's tons of info on there.

Other forums on there have tips on playing the individual types of games.

I'd say the betfair bonus is almost the same as the bonus in your signature. (although I havent actually seen that site before). I havent taken up the betfair one yet. I'm clearing others at the moment.

cheers