Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 2010 summary

April ended up being a reasonably solid month, continuing on progress from March. I've touched on completely recovering from my downswing, but am still a few BBs off again now as you can see from my graph from a few days ago.

Can't recall too many highlights from the month, but I did do a couple strategy posts on the blog about table and seat selection.

The were a couple disappointments from a couple sites this month. Firstly the announcement from Bodog that there will be no more monthly reload bonuses. Hopefully they replace it with something half decent. Secondly the drop in traffic on Cake from their loss of a couple rooms. Apparently a couple different rooms are to be added to the network shortly though.

For April the goals in order of priority were:

• Clear a chunk more of the Cake reload (done, although have more reloads queued up than I can possibly clear)
• Qualify for the Cake freeroll (yep)
• Play the March Cake and Fulltilt freerolls (slept through FT ... stupid daylight savings)
• Clear some more bodog reload bonus (cleared a fair amount for me for a month)
• Clear my Party bonus (completed whilst making a loss

The profit of $1,100 for the month was made up of:

Bonuses / VIP / Rakeback: $ 410

• Bodog $150
• Cake $200
• Party $50
• Pacific $10

Poker bankroll Interest: $90

Poker profits: $600

Goals for May are:

• Clear a chunk more of the Cake reload
• Qualify for the Cake freeroll
• Play the May Cake freerolls
• Clear most of my final bodog reload bonus (*sniff*)
• Hopefully baby #1 comes at the end of the month too ...

Current bankroll: $25,800

April time played: 24.5h
April hands played: 5,616
April profit / (loss): $1100

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

I read your blog a lot and would like to offer my respect to you. I like how you keep your bankroll totals at the bottom. I assume you cash out a bit. It just shows a lot of discipline to keep grinding and see profit over time. Totally the way to be. Very inspirational.

parttimebonuschaser said...

yeah mate, i cash out currently on the basis of $1k every $2k I make.

I'm due for another one, but debating on whether to wait for the aussie dollar to dip. At the current rate its moving, it may be a long wait though ....